PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Response from BAA re spectator facilities
Old 27th Nov 2005, 01:35
Horsham027

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all

I have been up to the old skyview terrace in the past month due to a staff sale up there and the views now, to be honest are appaling and it would not be worth re opening on this site again.

The only views that can be now gained are of the stands next to the satellit on peir 2 and the west side of the satellite itself. The vies of the holding areafor 26L have gone and not visable.

Also the only views of peir 2 are that you would only get anything on push back etc.

You can not see over to the East side of the satellite, due to the height of the new peir to the satellite area.

In my opinion the best place for the BAA to place any kind of Enthusiasts area would be that of the old Z overflow staff car park, which does have good views over the runway and the apron, although photography of parked aircraft would not be possible because of distance.

This car park is now manned again car park operatives and i doubt there would be much cost in re opening this if possible as they would be able to keep an eye on the comings and goings.

The only negativepoint about this site andof course any others wold be the security implications involved. Eg Searching of cars etc.

Hope this may answer a few questions from those who do not or have no knowledge of the current state of the Skyview terrace.

Happy flying

Horsham x