PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2005, 18:42
gonzales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all...

Thanks for all the encouragements and tips given out on this thread. Really appreciate it. Wish I could have "stumbled"onto this forum earlier though.

Well, second attempt for me at the first interview on the 17th...but alas..the result of the interview arrived about 2 mornings ago and it aint good.

After reality hits and painfully sinks its way through me, I am not too sure if I would want to have another go at it any more. Such setbacks are rather hard to take especially when you think this is THE career that you are destined for.

At that moment, many thoughts race past me....Is it really that I sucked in the interview or am I just not cut out to be a pilot? I mean, when u don't suceed in your first interview, you know something must have screwed up or you are basically not prepared. However, getting rejected at your 2nd attempt's got to mean something doesnt it? Maybe I shouldn't have started off saying " oh..i wanted to be a pilot when I was young.." when you know it's the dead truth...haha. Or maybe its SIA's way of telling you "..for the second time my friend, you are not suitable for this job.." *sigh*

Oh well, from the previous post from vamp, I understand its 6 mths before sia reconsiders you for the first interview again? It's gonna be a looong 6 mths wait for me ...but hell, I waited about 2 years after my first interview to re-apply again...so why not 6 months?

Alright, enough of my rubbish. All I can say is; all the best to those who were selected, and keep those hopes up high to those that are waiting. Finally to those who tried and not suceed, don't give up! (I wish I could say that to myself though...haha)

And please...if another "commonplace" exists...do show me the way...

Take care one and all!