PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS350 Astar / AS355 Twinstar [Archive Copy]
Old 26th Nov 2005, 14:10
Aesir

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The throttle is an interesting one on the older model b3s.
The throttle on B3+ is still on the collective.

We now have 3 different types of B3 with different throttle systems (All collective mounted!)

The first one had a "thumb lock" release switch to increase throttle setting in manual governor "MAN GOV" range.

Next one had a automatic release of the override lock when operating in "MAN GOV".

And now the last version is the best with just idle to full open throttle setting and NO manual governor switch.

The start switch in the roof now has only "OFF" & "Flight" setting

All in all very nice system and very few problems with the FADEC systemīs. The rest of the aircraft has all the same usual failures, mentioned above, that the B2 could have.

I donīt think you can start it if the throttle is in the high side range in manual gov mode on the two earlier model versions! Donīt try it though!! In any case the throttle should never be moved with battery power off!

When I was checked out on the type we were instructed thoroughly that the starter will not function with the rotor brake on or not in itīs locked "OFF" position. Yeah I knew that from the B-222A & B models. But still one of our guyīs managed to get stuck out in the field unable to start and no one thought of the rotorbrake.. Just think how embarrased he was when a engineer had to be flown out to him in the B-212 and the only thing he did was push in the rotor brake

I wouldnīt buy one though, if its not absolutely needed for heavy sling work or hot & high operations.