PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would make the PERFECT Flying Jacket?
Old 26th Nov 2005, 09:32
N Arslow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never saw this thread before.
I have had two jackets - the Mk3 in Mil days and my own UK police style leather jacket.
The Mk3 suited me very well apart from being green and looked a bit Compo. (I can't say it was the warmest in really cold weather either).
The leather one is too heavy for cool but non-wintery weather. I would have preferred it to be a lighter build with a zip out liner. But it looks the bolleaux.

Better ventilation under the armpit on both would be an improvement.

I hate badges these days and will not where them on a jacket but I am supposed to wear the tabs.

Many airports insist upon high vis jackets which look naff anywhere else so I would like a very light high reflective waistcoat that folds tiny into a pocket in the jacket but can be pulled out and donned over the top easily.

I would like lots of pockets of variable size particularly inside. Some will work better than others depending on straps and LSJ etc.

Anyone else, like me, who uses those cuff velcro tabs on the Mk3 and flying suits to rub the chino/water soluble scrawlings off the kneepad? Why is there never a cloth when you need one!

But anyway - where are we with the new "Rotorheads" jacket?