PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Ag Association ? 4AS
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2005, 11:56
Agwaggon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good one Mul
I have often wondered about this one myself. Actually if you received 4 news letters last year you did pretty well. I think I got 1 or maybe 2.!! As a pilot it's pretty easy for us to wonder where the value is in this membership. We certainly don't see it up front thats for sure. The real picture is however far more than a news letter or four. A lot of younger or perhaps newer pilots to the industry could be forgiven for not knowing just how close our industry has come over the years to either being legislated out of doing practical business or even simply shut down. I'm aware of one meeting years ago where the question was asked by a very powerful and pertinent pollie whether this country could simply do without the aerial agricultural operators and therefore take potential tricky situations out of the equation.
I think the fact is that without the work up front and behind the scenes by the AAAA's you and I would now probably be doing something else to pay for the cornflakes mate.
Personally I considder the membership fee a donation to the cause. If you are genuine in your statement that you carn't afford it then perhaps you could reconsidder your priorities Mul. $110 = 3 or 4 slabs. Or what 4 packs of coffin sticks. Or 3 or 4 plastic bags as you exit Coles. 1 rock concert !! 1 day at the cricket (including beers). A couple of beers after work with old Dunnie. A visit to the shrink (10 min only). Dinner for 2. (if shes a bit of a dog). A blinker light assembly for a 69 MGB. 18 Holes at Coolum. A hair appointment for your missus (Try taking that one away!). And so on and so on.
Yes Multime there is very good value for money there if your serious about you chosen vocation.
Having said all that I don't think the AAAA's really do anything for the pilots persay. But then it really is an operators association isn't it!?!?!!