PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nav Canada Career Question
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2005, 19:13
needanewjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Navcanada website shows what pay you can expect during and after training on the experienced controller programme.
My other important considerations before applying are:

Annual Leave/Public holidays - North American employers are not well known for being generous in this area! Bearing in mind you will be flying home to visit friends and family, having the same people coming over to visit you as well as wanting to spend time exploring the wonderful country that Canada is with your close family

Pension what contribution do you and your employer make and what is the "anticipated" returns - is it a final salary scheme, how many years constitutes a full pension, what is retirement age, and if you decided after 10 years you wanted to move on can you take your pension rights with you, or if you wanted to retire back to the UK (or somewhere a little warmer!) how does that work?

shift patterns do they vary at each station and is it along the lines of 6 on 4 off or is it an individual roster. Are you expected to do overtime as well?

I have lots of questions there but I want to have the whole picture before applying.

Thanks