PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After Ansett, the Plug Gets Pulled at Air New Zealand
Old 28th Sep 2001, 02:01
Clive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skol,

I see from your profile you are a 747-400 driver - with ANZ I guess. You have a lot to be proud of. As I said to 'Raw Data' the job you guys do at the "coalface" in ANZ results in a product almost second to none in the world. But plese don't allow your justified pride to blinker your wider vision. Yes.... the fuel allegations may indeed prove to be false however, as per my post (the big preachy one) back a page or two, you can expect to see continued buck passing from the Board of Directors.

Regardless of the mountains of allegations, and the equally large dose of "I didn't do it" there can be little doubt that the failings of the Air NZ board were the final nails in the coffin at Ansett. Thats just not me being Henny Penny... that is the considered opinion of most aviation and economic commentators from both sides of the ditch.

Yes... there is a lot more to it, and yes... past managers are just as much to blame.... however take those blinkers off my friend because it appears likely that your leaders will take you all down a similar road to that travelled at Ansett. With all due respect it may be best to get your affairs in order and study your alternate charts.... I hope not, for yours and many others sake, but it is a reality. The "head in the sand" and "blame everyone else" culture is alive and well in the ANZ Board Room.

(Assuming you have re-read my initial post please accept my appologies for the payout on NZ and it's people per se. I was still in the denial stage at that point. I'm only cranky at the Board... not you guys!)