PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sim practice anyone?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2005, 09:17
window-seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guy's

Having used various simulators around the UK and Ireland both before and since finding employment, I can honestly say that if you are looking for some 'affordable' quality sim time, then go to OATs and use their full motion Frasca 737. Ok it is not an official 'full-flight' sim, but it aint that far away from the real thing, and the price is only around £200 per hour, Including very good instruction.

I Have recently used the 727 at Bournemouth with a friend of mine who needed a couple of hours of pre sim-ride experience, but there was very little in the way of instruction given, and the basic price does not include the 'motion'!! If you are expecting a sim ride with BA on the BAC 111, then the 727 is about the nearest thing at the moment (since the trident at Biggin is u/s), and they do have an ex European 111 sim to look at!

As far as sims in Manchester go, the 146 sim at Woodford is around £500 per hour and they don't seem to be interested in allowing non airline use. Alteon in Cheadle has an EMB 145, B757 and A320/30/40 which can be hired (for leisure use) through www.virtualaviation.co.uk from £250 (for 20 mins at the controls)!!

Another alternative is www.yorkshireflightcentre.co.uk they have a 737-200 for hire costing £240 per hr.

Enjoy! W-S: