PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bomb those journo scum!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2005, 23:37
tablet_eraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we should take everything the Daily Moron says with a colossal pinch of salt; that esteemed rag displayed its credentials to full effect with the QLRs pissing on Iraqis scandal (oops... fake photos).

In these times, when the "CNN Factor" plays a massive part in military planning, I can see why Bush - who is, to say the least, a rather impulsive leader - might consider al-Jazeera a legitimate target. This is a news channel that is plainly biased - even more so than the Fox Network. It is al-Qa'ida's channel of choice for broadcasting tapes of bin Laden and his cohorts. It was the channel that felt it appropriate to broadcast explicit excerpts of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's tapes showing hostages being beheaded.

However, I don't think even Bush would consider bombing a location inside the nation that hosted his general staff for the whole of the war, and subsequently, at Al Udeid. This single action would have disrupted the entire war effort, and Bush would never have recovered from the ensuing scandal.

[rant]The Daily Moron is an utter disgrace. It seeks to undermine coalition efforts to make peace, and it has the explicit intention of attacking all participants of Op TELIC, military or otherwise, to fuel its irrational populist stance. Personally, I'm surprised and disgusted that my Mess still carries copies in the ante-room. To me it ranks alongside the Daily Sport in terms of its journalistic worth.[/rant]