PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU ruiling on Data Transfer to US
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2005, 16:23
DA50driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never wanted to have it both ways, but I am sick and tired of everybody bashing the US.

Norway is quite protective of their little country, it can be a hassle to get in, especially if you do not look scandinavian. In the US they can not legally profile based upon age, race, sex etc., which is why grandma in a wheel chair gets searched.

On the subject of visas requred I do not think Brits need one to enter the US as a visitor. Consult your local embassy. The US lets a lot countries in without visas. The next thing you will bitch about is having to have a biometric readable passport. That requirement is in there to cut down on the time you have to wait to clear customs. So there is no way for the US to win.

If the EU decided they needed paxlists, I am sure the US would be happy to comply. Anything that will cut down the chance of getting blown up is received favorably over there.

The Brits are helping out in Iraq, and I am thankfull for that. Tony Blair had a big Q and A session yesterday on TV. The man has balls and a brain. Some of the questions he had to answer were childish at best, just some politico who wanted to show that he could ask the tough questions. Again trying to be defiant to the point that he is not making sense

I personnally do not think Norway is doing enough in Iraq, we are doing ok in Afghanistan. Thanks for backing me up steamchicken