PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU ruiling on Data Transfer to US
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2005, 14:12
DA50driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you guys thinking?

Have you guys ever tried to enter the European Union as a non-member? It is a lot easier to come and go in the US than it is for me as a Norwegian citizen to enter the EU. And why should the US let you in that easy? Maybe if the US sensed that not every European wanted to kick their arse thay would be nicer to you guys.

Somebody needs to start by being nice and understanding. The US has done their part for 65 years now by providing money and security for a large chunk of Europe. What did they get i return? Jack s..t!! When they needed our help, most of Europe decided to take the side of the terrorists. There. It is said, it is out in the open. That is how a lot of my very good US friends see it. And I agree with them.

It is time to take a stand and stand up for what you believe in. Personally I believe that you should not cut someones head off because they don't have the same faith you do. And instead of being critical of everything the US does, how about coming up with some solutions? If the entire world came into Iraq we could settle that whole mess in a few weeks. I think that would be the right thing to do.

When it comes to sending names across for the TSA, what is so wrong with that? I had to apply for a visa to get into Russia. It is part of life, get used to it.

How about instead of trying to make yourself feel better by being defiant against the US you stop and think "Is this the right thing to do, or am I doing it only because I can". Your heads come off just as easy as a US head when you think about things long term. My kids are US citizens and I will do what I can to make them as safe as possible. Just as parents in Germany or Serbia or any other country will. It is time to put the small differences aside to focus on the big picture.

Visualize whirled peas.