PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin ticket prices
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2005, 16:11
newswatcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Virgin ticket prices

Am planning to fly to Far East next May, and would like to visit both HKG and SIN on the same trip. Am exploring all possible ways to minimise ticket costs, without extending flight duration too much. Now Virgin fly to HKG and, through their code-sharing agreement with SQ, to Singapore. On Virgin site, return to HKG with VS is £525 and return to SIN with SQ is £650. Great, or so I thought, I should be able to get a ticket out to HKG and back from SIN for about £590.

Wrong! Virgin site calculates that this ticket will actually cost me £725. BA ticket for same routing is £560 yes I know it is same airline but, don't Virgin have a code-share............. So I ring up Virgin to see if there is a mistake. "No", says Virgin reservations clerk, "£725 is correct, you would be better off flying with BA instead"!

Emirates will do the above routing for about £450, and only 2 hours extra per leg (and with better leg-room?), I need to allow about £100 for the HKG-SIN leg. Cathay will fly me LON-HKG-SIN-HKG-LON for £675, including the return between HKG and SIN, which is missing from the other quotes!

As there are two of us going, Emirates currently have the edge on pure cost!

Last edited by newswatcher; 22nd Nov 2005 at 16:29.