PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Bye", "Cheers", "Have a good weekend"
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2005, 15:39
achtung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 sheds

ok, First might I suggest you change your name to 2 planks? Preferably short? And secondly, I shall explain the analogy for you, seeing as giving a greeting and trying to understand this is a little too much for you.
The greeting 'hello' or 'goodbye' is non-standard RT no? So, I compared this to my experience of driving in the UK, I noticed how many people gave way and said thank you, by raising their hand. I take it, that this is NOT a standard given by your authorities for your driving exam? I.E Not standard, but everyone does it as a politeness? I actually found it pleasant and made the driving experience a pleasant one. However, I find that in many other countries, that people could make driving so much more pleasant if we did the same as the Brits? In fact it would make some junctions more bearable and usable by simply giving way sometimes?) And to answer your other question, no, sorry I am not one of those clowns that would create a dangerous situation just to let you go, but I like to think I am a competent driver, and though I like to think I get 'the job done' generally by driving to the rules of the road, I DO occasionally take that drastic non-standard step of giving way and saying thank you now and then..... oh dear... oh dear..... awful heh? All this polite behaviour?? Oh and good evening.