PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF to Lossie, MR4A to Kinloss
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2005, 20:21
HighlandSniper58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle sees sense at last.............

From a 'profile of Moray' in scotland.org:

The local economy also relies heavily on the presence of two major RAF bases, which comprise 12 percent of Moray’s overall workforce. Moray is a fragile, remote area, which has the lowest average wages in Scotland together with a high dependency on the car with fuel costs comprising an increasing part of the household budget. There are high levels of demand for affordable housing resulting from the low wage economy within Moray.

Which must surely have been a major factor in the JSF basing decision.

I'm glad you enjoy it - and thanks for all the malt!
(house prices already going up post announcement - 5 bed house with land may soon reach £250,000 )
I certainly hope so - only paid £32k for mine in 1986!

We do! Your bourgeoisie attitude betrays a blinkered approach to the realities of life in the UK. The people here manage to get through the day without boring each other to death about money matters (house prices, stock markets etc). They have discovered that quality of life cannot be bought. It is about the people that you interact with on a daily basis. They gladly give freely to each other expecting nothing, but receiving as least as much, in return. It is not unique in Scotland nor in some parts of England.

"An Englishman's home is his castle" There are dozens in Scotland but we don't hide behind the walls.
I couldn't have put it better myself.

Now chaps/chapesses, can we put this one to bed now and accept the basing of the MRA.4/JSF decision?