PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2005, 19:10
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 436 Likes on 230 Posts
I wrote to my local MP, John Mann, asking him to consider signing the new EDM as he DID sign the previous one.

Mr Mann responded by writing to John Reid. I received his actual reply on MOD headed note paper signed by Adam Ingram on 11 Nov 05, which states the following:

[Quote]
"The crash of Chinook ZD576 is the most extensively examined accident in the history of UK military aviation. The Ministry of Defence is very aware that many have found it difficult to accept the findings of the RAF Board of Inquiry, but in the 11 years since this tragic accident, the Ministry of Defence has examined all the complex technical, legal and airmanship issues raised by those opposed to the finding, but has found nothing that undermines it. The Government retains every confidence in the judgement of the reviewing officers but remains prepared to review it's position should any compelling new factual evidence be brought forward."
[Unquote]

The same old reply. I think this means Mr Mann won't be signing the EDM. Disappointing to say the least.