PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy - Pay Rise
Thread: Easy - Pay Rise
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2005, 16:31
malibu77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all very well saying we are not happy but don't we need to think about what we actually want to achieve from these negotiations.

Here are my thoughts/ideas……………………….

Basic Salary

I think we should start by dividing the salaries from the best paying airlines with the number of hours they work and coming up with an hourly rate. Then multiplying this to our 900hrs a year. I'm sure this would make for an interesting exercise!

Generally our salaries for both Capt/FO are on a par with the least senior of these positions in other airlines (eg T/fly, BA, Virgin, Monarch) and we work more hours! We need either a substantial pay rise, eg 25%, or say 5% with the introduction of an incremental scale where Capt after 20years can expect to earn around 100k basic (a very senior BA long haul FO can earn around this)

Sector Pay – Is not too bad as it is, just an inflationary rise.

Pension – Increased to15% of basic

Roster – 5/4 5/4. Or something similar.

Leave – 35 days

Medical Health Care - introduced

Fortunately I’m still relatively young (some will no doubt say naïve!). However, I don’t really want to leave easyjet but unless we can get the company to deliver something like the above, I will go and work for an airline that will, Virgin for example.

What do you chaps think?