PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Dies of DVT
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2005, 05:22
Fountain Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I think its a good idea...DVT is a curse and not only that if all pilots are aware of the possible causes and recognizing the the symptoms, will go a long way if only of saving lives....

Its the dehydration from sitting at 40,000 ft and the lack of O2 and of course not moving enough...big culprits...may be some of us that are concerned, get this Thrombphilia test, found out if you are predisposed...

I think that being on Warfarin should not stop you from flying...after all you will be out for about 6 months, its not a pleasant medication and your potential for bleeding is high due to some little injury for instance...

Your right....CAA should put something out to allert pilots of this problem that seems to be appearing, aviation medicine section should formulate something to educate everyone for prevention of this problem.

Also kidney stones....if you look up the CAA website and get on to kidney stones...its up there with heart attacks, you are grounded until all stones have been removed and CAT scans show that you are clear...mine was discovered by just blood in the urine, but an attack will make you pass out I have been told by doctors...

Then the CAA will want x-rays every 2 years to see if the stone is re-occuring, as the probability is high, I'm due for my x-ray next year, BUT it to me its all interrelated...WATER is the key....

Last edited by Fountain Pen; 20th Nov 2005 at 07:35.