PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Website is Lame
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2005, 16:34
kabz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA Website is Lame

Well, I really think I've had it with travelling on BA. I've been living in the States for the last nine years, and have become used to actually having some limited power over where I sit on planes.

SLF have so much crap in the way of security, rushed boarding for quick turns, etc., that travelling by plane is no longer very much fun, especially if you do it on a regular basis.

However, one of the bright spots is that Continental, my personal favourite airline have a great IT system that lets you get right into to see filled seats, groups of empty seats, and to actually, really choose, (not request) where you are on the plane.

The other great thing about this website is that it doesn't get in your way with a bunch of flash BS. I can be in and out in a couple of minutes.

Compare this with the BA site, where trying to simply confirm online brings up the longest and most god awful annoying flash movie I've ever seen. I'm trying to confirm a flight, not learn about 'all the options'.

Of course, when you find the right option to try choosing a seat, there are only about 10 available seats to choose on a 777. I do not believe this. This is absolute cack. And there are no requestable seats on a 777 for a flight, in a weeks time. BS. Pure BS.

Screw it BA, get a decent IT system, allow people to do what they actually want to do, and maybe I'll book a ticket with you again. Until then, I'll stick with one of the American carriers.

I'll lose the convenience of being able to book straight through to Inverness, but whatever. I'll even pay more. $200 more seems to be reasonable to be able to choose a decent seat (like most flights in the US) with a weeks warning (and this works prior to be checked in, and yes I am registered on the BA site)

In contrast, I already have my seats to and from Paris next year on CO setup (bought with OnePass miles ;-)). BA, check out some real airline websites. Look at how stuff should be done.

Sorry about venting like this, but man, I am pretty annoyed.