PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 1 - delayed again?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2005, 22:58
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
charterguy You beat me to the point! The phrase "the young Branson" and variations on it are a useful shot cut for the media to use. It allows them to have shorter headlines (spoken or printed) but does nothing to illuminate the story.

Halstead is not a new Branson and I say that not because I have any opinion about him or wish him to fail but because it is inaccurate.

Branson started his first business whilst at school and Halstead also did this. RB built his business (slowly and steadily) into a world-wide success and this meant that he travelled on many airlines around the globe. This meant that he saw that they were fat and lazy and that the market was ready for competition. Aged 34, he set about providing that competition and has succeeded.

It is well known that the airline world is just about the most difficult to get into and if Halstead had set up a twin turbo-prop single route and just started delivering, then he would be well on his way. Whilst one can learn about business on paper, it is only through delivering service to customers that you can learn about customer service!

--------------------
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different." Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.