PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2005, 20:30
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
VV

“If the MOD know whats, what. Then surely they were guilty of gross negligence. Was it not the MOD you declared that the crew were guilty. Who pronounced them guilty?”

-----------------------------------------------

I can’t see how you come to this statement, based on what I said. My simple point was that, in my opinion, WK was correct in what he said about the citizens of the Mull peninsula. But, you are entitled to your opinion.

It would be extremely naïve to think the “guilty” verdict of the AVMs represented the view of the whole MoD. The issue is clearly political. This forum is built on rumours, but I know one fact; the MoD individuals most closely connected with this tragedy simply do not know what happened. (But read the documents available on the web and it is clear why their bosses – all now retired - were nervous over numerous procedural and airworthiness issues). In my mind and, I came to believe, theirs (and I knew every one of them in PE), the verdict is a travesty of natural justice. Let us hope the EDM bears fruit (and, yes, my MP has signed it and since written again to SoS).