PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air 320 Rostering!!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2005, 18:48
Dixons Cider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're right Trag, things really have gotten out of hand, and I can't see any obvious reason for it.

Are they just taking the p!ss? Is it just due to inept crew controllers tinkering and the inevitable knock on effect that creates? Are they publishing rosters in which not all flights are covered, therefore knowing there is going to be subsequent mayhem.

Cmon people, you have got to sort this problem out. It is reaching chronic proportions and the way it is being managed (or mismanaged in this case) is certainly not creating any friends. I am not a whinger, but all the talk these days is about how worn out/p!ssed off/disillusioned the troops are. I draw the line when it starts to effect my home life. Its reached that point. I only work to live, not the other way around.

As I said, the situation has got to be managed. If there is some issue than cant be resolved within a reasonable timeframe, then tell us. Put the cards on the table, treat your people with some respect. Explain whats going on, ask us to cooperate as best we can. You might be suprised.

A telex under the door while I'm min rest in hotac, or an ACARS on the second to last sector, telling me (not asking), that I will now not be home for another couple of days, does not create warm and fuzzies. This is the norm, it happens too often, and its this disdain that is displayed towards us is what really rubs salt into the wound.

People will leave. What a waste.

Mr GF, you have spent money, time and effort training us to fly your aeroplanes, why push us away? You will just have to do it all over again with someone else. Treat them the same, and they too will leave. And you wonder why sickness is through the roof?

Ps
To anybody considering typing "welcome to the middle east buddy", don't bother - I'm not as fresh as you may think.