PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Liberalizing medical requirements
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2005, 05:43
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sparks-flying.
What I have given as news here comes directly from my union. This union was founded in 1929, and has served its constituents very well. It is also a founding member of IFALPA. Their information is as solid as gold. I translated their mailing to me and in it they mentioned that the initial EEG was being dropped. Your country might have been ahead in this, I don’t know about mine. I have been active in this business a lot longer than you, and my initial medical was many moons ago.

To go and put a pathetic line in there about the news being a shame speaks very poorly for you. If you feel you have information beyond the fact you did not require an EEG when you started down the road in aviation, please provide it, otherwise do some growing up. It will not serve you well in this business to jump to these types of conclusions based on limited knowledge and information.

O.

Ps. I also mentioned in my initial post that it will take around 12 months for the new requirements to be put into law, but that the outline of what these new laws will contain is what was agreed upon in Hoofddorp. The exact details for each category will have to wait for that day.

Last edited by Otterman; 18th Nov 2005 at 08:31.