PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2005, 23:43
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cazatou
The SEALS were stationed at Macrihanish; this was discussed some time ago – here is a sample posting:
Antenna posted 23rd September 2004
<<… With respect to Walter's somewhat earlier posting relating to US presence, I spoke to US Navy SEALS above the crash site at the time of the crash so can confirm their presence and their involvement in a recovery operation. I cannot confirm their precise role. They may not have had one beyond being asked to help in a general way. I mention this presence only as I know privately the issue of US presence has been a source of debate. The US was there the day after and on June 4 also. Why? No idea.>>

RE the landlady bit: I had a pretty good witness standing next to me whilst I spoke to her; as US SEALS were there off and on for YEARS I would have thought that the locals would have a pretty good idea of what was what – have you ever been to that part of the world? – the locals are quite perceptive – I don’t know what parts of the provinces gave you your condescending view of the general population.