PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS pilots commence industrial action
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2005, 23:28
back o' the clock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medwun & Co, what is the latest update? I am keen to know.
How you guys go will determine how the other sections go also. I think that the Queensland section is up for an EBA soon, maybe late next year (not sure). What about WA section? Although all of the sections are on different EBA's it is imperative that you all stick together.

It would be worth all Section's EBA reps getting together to get some solidarity NATION WIDE. After all, it is similar work no matter where you are (similar, not the same) and therefore it should be paid (relatively) equally.

As far as threats from the company etc, document it all, and make sure you know where you are legally. Legal representation is cheap in the overall scheme of things. It is not adequate for a Chief Pilot or Aviation Manager (or whatever they call themselves these days) to put his personal 'just trust me' on the fine print. Some Chief Pilots are beyond reproach, but I can think of one who does not fit this description.

The PC12 thing; take a leaf out of QLD section's book (my source tells me this is so) and make the PC12 the same as the B200 for the EBA. It is essentially the same to fly; if anything it is more difficult due to the SE considerations.

I would think that you can achieve much with your EBA if you keep the guys together. That is hard, but best of luck. Keep the information flowing to all pilots to keep solidarity; your EBA is being closely watched by the other sections with great interest.