PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME/IR before CPL
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2005, 19:51
powdermonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for that guys

Callsign Kilo
the expensive part will be the twin CPL alright especially since the test may end up costing nearly 1000Euro!
Our FNPTII however is 130Euro/hr so on the whole that part will be resonable. The twin is 400Euro/hour. With some luck the school may aquire a single complex, but by then I may be comfortable enough in the twin, certainly part of the CPL can be done in a 172, but the test will be in a faster ac, so nav and divertions will be trickier!

EGBKFLYER, thats very interesting, I didn't know the CPL time was reduced and I didn't know about the no PFL's, sounds great!

PARSON,
You are right though about the hours for the IR, I am certainly not an ACE (wish I was) but at the moment I am just quoting minimums to compare costs. Would you say the average in about 20 to 25hrs in the air to be up to speed on IR flying?

Herta, that's also another way to look at it, did you find the CPL just a more precise version of the PPL and therefore felt there was good continuity and things remained quite familiar?

Thanks everyone for you inputs, I was kind of hoping you might say the CPL was easier after the IR..and you did
Cheers