PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF to Lossie, MR4A to Kinloss
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2005, 19:33
ranger703

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that people(Washington) continue to knock Scotland?Lossie is a beautiful part of the world and some,if not the best low flying available,is on the doorstep.Add to that the best range in the country nearby,quality of life,clean air,great whisky,what more could a guy ask for.

How long is it since you visited this part of the country,a bloody long time ago from the sounds of things!!40 mins drive to Inverness which is or certainly was the fastest growing city in the UK ,a fine albeit small airport with links to all the major London airports.A great shopping centre with 24hr supermarkets.

And then there is always the numerous fine golf courses,for those that way inclined,great fishing,Aviemore for the skiing,when snow permits and the new resort there is coming along very nicely.

I was posted up here in the late 80's and have settled here permanently.Negative comments,whether in jest or not,don't help alleviate the worries a lot will have about possible relocation in the future.

I am just thankfull that Scotland has finally won something and that we aint as short sighted up here.Yes I am sad for the bases that have lost out down south but their loss is Scotlands gain.

Rant over.

PS.I'm English!!