PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 17th Nov 2005, 17:27
KTPops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the new pay offer is definately an improvement. Although it focuses more on a better pay increase for FSMs and CSSs, I think that it will encourage people who join to have a career with Virgin. Why should someone who stays with the company for 6 months and then leaves receive the same pay increases as someone who's been with the company for 6 years?

As I've said before on this thread, I think that the monthly standby is a good thing. It will cut down on the roster disruption that follows from being called out for a HKG-SYD or being called on your last day of standby. We can also call pre-ops ahead of time and usually get a trip anyway. I'm a commuter but I can make it to Heathrow in 2 hrs and Gatwick in 3 so it wouldn't be such a hassle for me if it was introduced. Having said that I do feel for those people that commute from further afield. I think most crew I've spoken to are split down the middle on this one...

One issue that really concerns me is the amount of crew that appear to relish the idea of going to industrial action. I really think they are taking this far too lightly. The amount of texts flying around with the helpful "JUST SAY NO" message really aren't doing anyone any favours. A strike would cripple Virgin and I have no doubt that SRB would flog Atlantic to another major airline if he had no further financial use for it.

We should think very carefully about this voting this time around.

KTP xx