PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius defies IFALPA
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2005, 16:42
AP1+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone has had time to pick up todays Flight International there's an article on page 9 about this situation and whilst it does, inevitably, contain some inaccuracies, it lgives a thumbnail sketch of what is happening down there and allows the MD to once again publicly assert in print that MK is lilly white. On the positive side, IFALPA quotes are the only ones that resemble the truth.

What was truly sickening however, was a call I got this morning telling me to go online and check the local paper, L'express, where there is an article regarding same, which, (hope you can read French) is, frankly, such an obsecene distortion of the facts, it has to be a plant. Further, Russlan is referred to constantly, throughout the piece and painted in such a bad light that he comes across as having singkle handedly tried to wage war against the purer than pure MK, for no apparant reason, AND for his troubles, that 'he has been de-rostered since last year.'

This has to be an example of such bad journalism that is is verging on libel (in some countries there would be no contest) or management has a friend, whose son, whose wife's cousin, (etc etc etc ) wortks at L'express.

Read it and weep. Russlan has to live and work on this island. His family lives there. His only crime was to ask IFALPA for clarification on the complaints he was receiving from his membership. Let us not forget that this original email was intercepted and has ever since been used against him. Today its Russlan, tomorrow it could be you or me.

IFALPA, you've been great thus far, but this one aint over. Nothing, but nothing, not mauritian labour law, not common decency are protecting this guy. MK are really playing dirty now and when the poo hits the proverbial fan, whose there to help him. IFALPA, bring out the cavalry... he needs it.