PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 380 - Economically unviable??
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2005, 12:14
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YVRAPPROACH, it may not be that long before you see an A380 in your parts as Etihad are getting one of the test planes given to them, and they have just started flying to Toronto. Emirates are getting a heap of them and they are planning to start flying to Canada in the not too distant future as well. Just not sure if Toronto has done the runway chnages to allow them to fly that route. Either way, working in UAE, I think we will be one of the first units to regularly handle them.

A question I do have is, will the 10 NM be just on arrival or also when flying in cruise, and will that only be 10 NM longtitudinally, or will you need 10 NM laterally ie. when running them on headings parrallel.

I know one thing, I will be interested to see how they climb out of Dubai in the Summer, when its pushing 50 degrees and they need to meet vertical requirements prior to entering Iranian airspace. If the A340 going Dubai to JFK is any indication it could be pretty ugly, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.