PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB Report - Microlight Accident
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2005, 09:56
bar shaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I may correct Barshifter on a couple of points... There are 72 Quiks on the register, not quite 100, but it is still the biggest selling flexwing for the past few years.

The aircraft were grounded, following the accident, when the modification was upgraded to "before further flight". A subsequent request for a second inspection also grounded some who could not get it done within the specified 5 hour limit and were faced with getting inspectors in or trailering to them.

The report is the worst I have seen from the AAIB, but follows an apparent trend for AAIB reports into microlight accidents. The report contains plenty of science and investigation, it also contains an alarming amount of supposition and links that are tenuous beyond belief, none of which should appear in a section entitled Factual Information. Clearly anyone who has ever criticised the CAA has a an anti-safety mindset and should not be allowed near aircraft

There are already criminal proceedings taking place and its very likely that civil proceedings will take place after these. There are some huge voids in the report but as I know people involved in the case, I'd rather not comment on any of the specifics.

The only winners in this one will be the lawyers.