PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2005, 09:07
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skyman771,

XLA could be in an ideal position to operate a number of ski flights, for example on a saturday operate the LYS which is an early departure, aircraft returns to NCL and operates one of the afternoon departures to either SZG, GVA or INN. On a sunday possible the BE TRN. Yes other carriers would need to operate some flights.

As has been already discussed on this forum, yes XLA have suffered some horrendous delays this summer, but the bad name that everyone is tarnishing them with stems generally from the long haul operation at NCL. The shorthaul has been comparable to many other UK charter operators. All airlines suffer bad days, indeed TCX have had a number of bad delays yet nobody is slating them.

HH6702

The TOM programme for the winter looks very nice, however I suspect that it will be 2 757 a/c based, as I cant see TOM using one of their loco 733 a/c to operate the TFS/ACE rotations, unless of coure it is going to be a 737-800!!

TCP flights for some reason do not have a flight number allocated, maybe it is XLA??

And I suspect that when the likes of easy/Jet2 release news of routes etc, expect MAD and an Italian destination to appear.