PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowrance 2000 GPS
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2005, 08:57
tmmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The mapping I bought from the same people I bought the unit from, LC Flight (www.lcflight.com) - I got mine in the States while on holiday. But I would be surprised if you couldn't get it from the suppliers here.

There is a 'gotcha' though. The mapping comes on a card - it has to, it wouldn't fit on the card supplied as standard. But the Jeppesen database is locked to a particular card and can't be transferred. So I couldn't copy the (up to date) Jeppesen database supplied with the unit onto the same card as the mapping data - to use both at once, I had to buy a database update from www.jeppesen.com (around £20 if I remember correctly). Databases you do download, and the unit comes with a card reader for the purpose in case you don't already have one (the unit uses standard SD/MMC cards).

I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to measure the unit. I think the 1000 and 2000 are the same physical size - the screen dimensions are slightly different (I think the colour screen is taller and narrower) presumably because they are bought in, rather than manufactured specially for the unit.

Where are you based? Do you want to come and have a look? Perhaps I could fly over (I'm always looking for an excuse!)

Tim