PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy - Pay Rise
Thread: Easy - Pay Rise
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2005, 08:24
malibu77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi Guys and Girls!

As a fellow ezy pilot and BALPA member I've been reading with interest the current developments. It is with concern however, that I see that some of our distinguished colleagues aspire to a meagre 3.5% and 3% salary/pension increase. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are one of the most productive pilot workforces on earth. Why o why should we be paid less than the likes of BA, Britannia or Virgin (who actually achieve less flying in a year)?

And why should we accept an insulting company pension contribution of even 10% of basic. I for one actually want to be able to retire without having to supplement my pension by working as the local village gardener in my 'Golden Years'.

If virgin didn't aim high during their negotiations they wouldn't have achieved such a result.

COME ON LETS AIM HIGHER GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S – This is not greed this is common sense. The cost of living in this country has gone through the roof in the past few years, whilst wages have stayed pretty much static. I just want a decent standard of living. The ability to actually afford to buy a decent house would be a good start.