PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2005, 13:36
limetree2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
single cause

Thank you 4greens, that was what I was trying to say.

I crashed an aeroplane once...don't 'arf ruin your day!

It was my fault, because I was PIC, but then again, I didn't know something that I should have known, which was not my fault. etc etc right down the chain of contributing factors...

I think the lasting taste from Erebus is the discussion about the way that they jump on pilot error. In my case, I was lucky enough to be surrounded by people who realised that it could have happened to them, and the whole thing was dealt with in a gentlemanly (not sexist, I hope. Is it stewardesses or cabin attendants, or passenger management consultants we have these days? I should really get back in the bit behind the cockpit more often!) way.

That is, I was lucky enough to have the opposite treatment to what the capt and fo get when there is money involved; and I'm sorry - we are not talking about deaths here - 6000 people or so die on the roads in the UK alone every year! - we are talking about MONEY.

It is why they put the cockpit in the sharp end... the pilots are to first to know if they are "negligent".