PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarchs Seat Pitch
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2005, 09:59
African Tech Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwerty = Yes – but I’m sure they didn’t “just remove seats” – if they did they would be flying illegally – there’s a fair amount of “background work” – new LOPA & Engineering order at the least.

So it’s not feasible to do this on a “pax load / per flight basis” – (ie 100 this time so take seats out – 110 tomorrow so them back in) - but it is feasible if they find they rarely fly with more than x pax to configure the plane to suit x pax.

I know some airlines that “route configure” – ie plane is on a to b for a month so one layout used – next month another route so different layout – they have more than one approved LOPA and EO’s to change between layouts.

If MON took a seat row out and increased the pitch of the remaining they may also have has to reposition the PSU’s – more paperwork.

My point was simply that something that sounds easy “take seats out” isn’t as easy as it sounds

I don’t think MON really care how many seats they have – as long as it’s not more than allowed by TCDS – which for the 752 is 164 or 219 or 224 or 239 and the 753 is 275 or 295 depending on the exits the plane was made with (FAA TCDS – UKCAA may differ) – they will reconfig to one seat if that’s what the customer wants, as long as it’s not just for one flight – or the customer pays LOTS.