PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius defies IFALPA
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2005, 09:20
Fuzzyduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
signing back in

I had just de-corked a great vintage red and heard that this thread was put back where it deserves. That is indeed good news.
Funny old place Mauritius. It is probably one of the most democratic well integrated societies that I have ever had the pleasure to deal with, all sorts of nationalities co-existing in relative ease and acceptance. What is troubling is how MK can descend to such depths of despair because of a hand full of lunatics at the helm. Why has the local political machine not set into motion and rid the airline of this scourge. I had the pleasure of talking to a few friends who have ties to the Island and they say that MK has lost many pilots over the last few years. If memory serves me, one of the Prime Ministers got kicked out of office because of a racial slur that was overheard by a journalist. Are these jokers beyond even that man? Surely not. PBany is a political animal. I distinctly remember many a night discussing Mauritian politics with him whilst cruising at FL 450 decimal 88, whilst RAppah was making soup in the galley. Would this not be a way to defuse his monopoly?
These guys are single handedly taking a world class job and botching it to no end. Shame on you all.
Oh yes and this same ace wanted to take flaps at fl300 doing 280 knots. Total loss of situational awareness going into Geneva as they changed the arrival on them, leaving them hot and high. I was not number one however one of my best mates were.
As I have said before, decidedly average in the flight deck and proving to be the same as a manager.