PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro Vs Dollar
Thread: Euro Vs Dollar
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2005, 08:59
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You couldn't find a 'suitable place' because there isn't one! We don't have a financial advice forum, though sometimes I think we should...

I think you'll get better information from the financial pages of whatever serious newspapers you can buy where you are than you will here. You might be lucky and find a wannabe who is working at a high level in financial markets, but I have to say I think it's unlikely.

For what it's worth, I believe that the dollar is likely to slowly increase in value against the euro as Europe continues to stagnate economically and America continues in relatively strong growth. How far it will go is anyone's guess, but I doubt we'll get back to the days when the euro and the dollar were at parity.

Just a reminder to all wannabes, wherever you intend to train: whenever you change your money, do not under any circumstances pay your school up front. Make sure your money remains under your control until you have received the services you are paying for. Use an escrow account or a credit card to drip-feed the money to the FTO. That way, if the school goes to the wall, you don't lose all your savings. It's happened many times before...

Scroggs