PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 series 700 and 800 emergency exit rows.
Old 15th Nov 2005, 05:56
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 106 Likes on 60 Posts
Sorry if this is rather anal, but aren't the overwing exit restrictions specific to those seats due to the fact that the FA's won't be the first to access the exit? I would've thought that, say, row 1 on a DJ 737 would not be as "restrictive" as the overwing exits due to a FA being present (assumedly) at any event. As I often sit in the overwing exit, due my height, I'm only ever asked if I'm willing and able to assist the crew by operating the door over the wing. Would a PAX in row 1 be asked the same question?

Now, I do recall that on the 747's the exit rows, regardless of location, held similar restrictions, ie kids, disabilities etc but that's more to stop the exit being blocked I imagine, not because they "expect" you to operate the door (although, you'd have a hard time stopping people in certain circumstances!)

For the record, I saw an ad for the 737-900 and there's 2 overwing exits & an additional small door aft of the wing & forward of the rear door!