PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet is an airline!
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2005, 19:51
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time will tell TopC. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong but you already have a very noise sensitive population - our archives regarding runway use in places like Sydney give ample proof of operational preferance succumbing to the local population, media and pollies. And that's when they've had 10 or more years to forget the sounds of the past.

My judgement is that they will freak. Stage 3 conversions are a scam and a sham using tuning for monitored frequencies rather than significantly reducing the, err, crackle of freedom. My shoulders stretch from horizon to horizon but I have the fingers of a whore house pianist. That's from years of hand pumping de-min water into Speys and playing an SP177 like a Strad. We were driven out of the skies. 15 years ago Innsbruck banned us outright and it spread from that day. Certification acceptance claims are cynical sophistry - instead have a look at the landing charges thoughout Europe.

That's the real story - anything up to 500% surcharge for these beasts depending on time of day.

I suspect there are a lot of heads desperately shoved in the sand.

Regards again from the Towers.

Edited to correct the 1st Austrian field to kick us out