PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Pilots's Cull TESNA
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2001, 13:20
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

bd69, please don't confuse my anti-AN "hero" scribings with anti Ansett sentiments.
Ansett was undoubtedly the best company I have had the pleasure to work for, because of the STAFF. I have continued to remain in contact with many of my previous friends - no, none of them are "returnee pilots" (I'm not using the "S" word just at the moment, because of Woomera's words of advice) - among them are loaders, several traffic officers, and a couple of F/O's..some with a dependant family, some single.
Ansett had a great product because of its PEOPLE....Abeles was in charge when the badge:
"You can't
have the best
airline in the
world without
the best
people.
Ansett
"
Unfortunately Abeles didn't realise this in 1989, and by some of the comments on other threads, FLEW Syn. needs to look to their staff NOW to avoid ending up with a small fortune!

I hope that Ansett does succeed in the extreme, to the point where they are able to re-employ ALL of those who WANT to return - with the obvious exceptions!

Again, from comments by PPRuNer's on other Ansett-related threads, I believe that the real agendas of some of the management-type '89 "returnees" have been shown to be self-serving, rather than for the benefit of Ansett and the pilot employees.

NOW is the time to look hard, ask "Why" certain tactics are being played, and challenge them if you are convinced that it is not the BEST possible solution!