PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Pilots's Cull TESNA
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2001, 17:12
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angel

FSU, my edit had NOTHING to do with the word gutless being used directly wrt Kaptin_X - it was a removal of part of a sentence (incorrectly) pertaining to _X's work background.

Insofar as consistency on my part goes, I have maintained throughout that the 1989 bunch of scabs were OVERPAID, to the ultimate detriment of Ansett. Kaptin_X has attempted to portray you as underpaid, according to his "World Standards" theory - the "black and white" of which we all await!

I'd like one dollar for each time over the past couple of years, (that) someone has objected to the mention of 1989's events along the lines of,"It happened x number of years ago and bears no relevance to today."
The merciless "culling" of 5% of the current AN pilots in order to facilitate employment of the scabs of '89, surely must to be UNDENIABLE proof that it was indeed relevant.
These people attempted to destroy not only the careers of pilots involved with them some 12 years ago, but also the current crop!
You, FSU and Kaptin_X are representative of this reprehensible group!

I have no reason to "to volunteer to reduce your self proclaimed BIG salary - I am a contract pilot with a foreign company - a mercinary who provides a (quality) service for $$$$'s. The same company for whom I work employs "local" pilots who are here for a career, and who will replace me when they have the numbers....at which time I shall be told to move on. I'm under no illusions as to my "dispensability", and obviously hence the reason for some of my colleagues leaving here (and elsewhere) to work WITH Virgin Blue - they see a career path!
So yes, FSU it IS different!

To see ANOTHER group of Australian domestic pilots shafted, because of the greed of some of our former peers DISGUSTS me -
ABSOLUTELY.

BTW, Kaptin_X, YOU are my therapy!