PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Pilots's Cull TESNA
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2001, 05:34
Kaptin_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaptin M,

Not only do you not listen, but now I have to give you a lesson in comprehension. This is becoming tiresome.

I didn't say a 'world standard'. I said 'world standards'. The first would be quotable as a standard, but the second is a general term covering what is generally paid in the developed world, and Australian pilots were not highly paid by comparison with other airlines in the world.

If they were/are overpaid, then why is QF still in business whilst paying the same salaries? The demise of Ansett was attributable to disastrous management, and that alone. Pilots' salaries played no part.

The overseas pilots rushed here because they were unemployed. Braniff, Wardair and others had gone out of business, and there were about 7000 US pilots unemployed.

You obviously don't read and comprehend. I gave a several page discourse some weeks ago on how the new contracts were structured, and camparative rates pre and post 1989. An A320 captain was paid $50+ LESS post 89 than he was pre 89. To earn the bulk $$ they were, a pilot had to fly 850+ hours pa, whereas previously, they worked 300 - 400 pa depending on whose propaganda you relied - the compay or AFAP.

As for why the bottom 5% being acceptable till now, I can't explain. I'm not TESNA management, nor am I still employed by Ansett. It's not my business, nor do I care, but I also found it curious. Not why they were not acceptable when they previously were, but the next 5% then becomes the bottom 5%. Whichever system is adopted, there will always be a bottom 5%.

The above is a perfectly reasonable response to the subject matter of this thread, that which I have deleted constitutes a very personal and therefore unprofessional attack. Neither you nor I are qualified to make such assertions and whatever professional judgement required on the matter will continue to be made by the appropriate person at the appropriate time. In the absence of evidence to the contrary it would be safe for all of us to assume that this judgement has been made and that we can all continue to safely enjoy the services provided by them. W
Please read Capt PPRuNes post in the aus.aviation forum.

[ 28 December 2001: Message edited by: Woomera ]</p>