PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil Partnership Act
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2005, 07:38
PPRuNeUser0211

Received 180 Likes on 106 Posts
ident,

I see your point with this, and, having been at the wrong end of the (hetero) un-registered partner gig for a few years, it does kinda suck! But, tbh, all things aside, surely this "civil partnership" thing is just the same as getting married in a registry office? I mean, you go to some civil servant's humble abode, (no religion (sp? too early!) involved necessarily, and then you come out as a "registered" couple? Not sure you can call it discrimintation if you have the same option to register your relationship and decline it?

Fully agree with your idea of registering with a mate though! Especially if you were to find yourself stuck in one of her majesty's finer messes..... like, hmm, the brize transit wing? Great fun, although I noticed whilst visiting the other week that my old room in the mess is now occupied by an AC mover! In fact, would be an excellent way of getting yourself some more room in places that don't have enough suites etc.... Not that I need it anymore, so can't complain...

PS as an aside, anyone ever known any couples that chose to live in the mess? Sure I remember meeting a couple a few years back who were fairly newley wed and decided they didn't fancy a whole house, so they just got a suite in the mess between the two of them! Seemed to have a great laugh, and they didn't have to cook (definite fringe benefit in some messes/with some women!)