PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question on B767
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 21:16
DeltaSix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WG,

Now that you've mentioned it. I tried it on a sim and I got a bit confused. I don't have my notes with me but I thought it said that during the climb phase it uses the VNAV speed mode to lock in the target altitude and it would look at the lowest of the three settings ( MCP, the manually entered altitude in the LEGS page and the entered FMC CRZ ALT ). I dont know if I have done something wrong but I was quite sure that the alt in the LEGS page was lower but it took the MCP altitude instead ( which is higher ). I was also sure that the VNAV switch was on. Where did I go wrong ?

From your experience WG, which part of the VNAV does not work?

Also, in regards to IRS drift, how would you correct it if the IRS position is different from the FMC calculated position ?

I know that you cannot re-align the IRU in flight if it malfunctions, so can the Capt use the centre and right IRU or do you have to put the IRU in ATT mode to get the EADI back and re-enter the coordinates in the malfunctioned IRU to get the heading back in the EHSI if the IRU loses alignment ?

Thanks
D6