PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - female controllers.....
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 19:28
Tegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My only experience with female controllers has been on the 'front line' on both E-3D sqns as well as at GK, (wher they are considerably better I regret to say) Our female FCs are generally arrogant, and many simply do not fit in with the modern aircrew way of life. They hate getting up early in the morning, and insist on telling every body that. They don't understand working weekends and unsociable hours, and absolutelyhate it when they deploy anywhere that dosn't have a 4* hotel to live in (they don't do tents!)
Thats a bit of a broad statement isn't it? You can't judge the entire female fc branch on the girls on the e3's. Ask the majority of girls back at any of the other fc bases what they think about the guys/gals on the jet and you'll mostly get the answer that they're a bunch of whinging arrogant gits! While the e3 crews are off have a good time at red flag we've got guys on Q 24/7 same as atc. There are plenty of lasses out there that are deployable and regularly roughing it with people like 1acc.

As for females using their charms... there are plenty of 'old school' aircrew (and non aircrew) boys out there that letch at the young females on a regular basis. Rant endeth here!!

I have got to say though, there are certain voices which when you hear on the RT make us girlies swoon and thank god we got that sortie!