PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA: Is It Really That Bad???
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 19:01
cornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So all this posts donīt make my decision to change or not a lot easier!!!! But as you know yourself the Tīs & Cīs are going down everywhere. Right now I have a perfect pension sheme. My company pays me 47% of my last sallery when Iīm retired for the rest of my life. But as I said "right now", Iīll have to work another 35 years and I donīt think that my current employer wants to pay into that sheme for me for so many years. Itīs just a matter of time when they wonīt do it anymore. Anyway I donīt know if Iīm still alive in 35 years with flying 900 hrs a year. So the pension sheme is not really a point not to join BA. Iīll earn almost 1000 Pound a month more at BA than at my present empl., and with that money I can/will increase the monthly pay to my personal private pension sheme at an insurance company. That pension I will get sure, and Iīll not rely on any pension sheme of any empolyer. I just think, as also all the "economic gurus" promise, that there will just a few big airlines survive in europe: BA, LH, Air France & KLM. The rest will be low cost and feeder for the big ones. I donīt want to be pilot of a feeder airline flying 5+legs a day for the rest of my life.
But I also love my current airline, and have still a good contract but how long will it stay like that????? The disprofit this year will be huge, and then i guess will the managers come again and take it from us.