PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380- MELBOURNE MONDAY 14th
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 18:13
Bolty McBolt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Love this show....

Perhaps the french didnt make the 380 so i would like it.. but if I paid close to $500 million AUD I would expect my concubine to look good especially if the RIDE only offered 70 extra seats compared to the old tart on offer, cost $250 million .
Remember the old tart is a given with no over heads with known training, parts, loading, configs etc

380 cannot do the the required Melb to LAX with cargo unless pax resticted to config of 474 ( same as SQ) which is far from original QF requirement of 540.

Looks like our marketing driven board have been sold a white elephant by another marketing driven company.
Where is the product??? Emperors new cloths perhaps...History will tell the tale

Extra 60-70 seats for a whole round of new spares, training, trouble shooting, service difficulties, gremlins etc etc for almost double the price.....I know where the blame will lay if it doesn't succeed..with the board..NOT.
So you will have to excuse me if i do not have the same enthusiasm as the the SPOTTERS in this forum

ps old tart = queen of the sky..747-400er

Last edited by Bolty McBolt; 14th Nov 2005 at 03:15.