PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question for jet boys and girls
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 09:03
SM4 Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
767 can't work like the 744 and just tell the a/c what time you want to be there.
Geez thanks KEG; I've had duff gen for so long. I often wonder why the 767s get it wrong. It's cause you're doing it manually. I thought the 767s had an arrival time function; doh. So expect a lot more manual speeds rather than times from our end; when I tell the lads. Mind you I could be the one in the dark.

I gave a B767 a 2 minute lose the other day from 200+ before the 'feeder fix' and they said, couldn't do it; I thought to myself, what a crock, at 250IAS on the drop you'll be late. It's all becoming clear...

Of course me being beligerant (infered by pilot) at the time; busy with the sequence I vectored and then gave 300IAS and had a lovely string of dots each going 300IAS after 6 got vectored; but no missed gap in a sequence of 13 jets.

PS, the A332's get way too slow and low for a practical sequence; had one at 300IAS 80NM from touch getting 'killed' by a 737 nearly 12000 feet higher at 250IAS at 105NM from touch. Poor 737 and subsequent sequencies had to be vectored to keep the gaps.