PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Flair!!!
Thread: Virgin Flair!!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2005, 06:24
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not wanting to drag it out anymore, but the following are comments based on this topic from actual Virgn Blue passengers.

Virgin Blue - by Mike Stevens

11 May 2005

MEL-SYD. 737-700 - 4 cabin crew. Plane was about 3/4 full. When Cabin Crew Supervisor was giving safety presentation over the intercom (and other 3 crew were demonstrating, 2 of which also were in hysterics), she burst into laughter several times, to the point where she had to stop and have a moment to get her composure, which didn't work as she continued to laugh throughout the entire presentation. While I can appreciate Virgin offers an "experience" different to other airlines (ie the crew have fun and are informally very interactive with guests), I didn't find it funny that our Cabin Crew (all but one who seemed appalled at her colleagues' behavior) expect our attention "even if we are frequent flyers as safety is an issue we take seriously" - very hypocritical. It gives an impression of "well, if the Crew on this flight have this attitude towards safety - and are the ones they tell us to rely on in the event of an emergency - then what about the pilots, the ground crew, mechanics etc?" Otherwise, flight was good - but when people ask how was your flight, it's the Cabin Crew's behavior that usually first comes to mind.

Virgin Blue - by Edmund Carew

6 September 2005

MEL-CBR-MEL on a recent Thursday. Timekeeping excellent; plenty of spare seats in each direction. Northbound, the cabin supervisor briefly laughed during the safety spiel - inappropriate

Virgin Blue - by Paul Fellows

27 October 2005

Melbourne-Gold Coast- Melbourne: "Hi-di-hi Airline Of The Year" - it is really boring to hear the same jokes on both legs. I assume these are scripted. The ultra-cheerful, 'your most welcome' style of announcements grate after a while. Apart from this everything was quite efficient and on a par with European budget airlines. Functional and perfectly satisfactory as a mode of transport - but take the ear-plugs!