PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Aviation...............safety problem or not ?
Old 12th Nov 2005, 22:05
Waldo_Plopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking More replies please keep them comimg.............

The officer involved , student No2 has shown a lot of commitment and motivation to get on the unit, giving up there own time to fly..............

armed with the replies I have already received, and my knowledge of the people , I would expect student No2 to raise their game to pass the line check.

As to how student No2 fits into the Police role, and works with cops who know the politics and the additional training, we shall see............

Waldo

Good stuff,

Id like to think I can generate a good flow of comment here,

If anything this case, to me unearths a pre-course lack of selection............

If thorough and all encompassing selection was used, then this very difficult situation would not have come about....to see the character flaws/ ability or lack of it during a deep selection process may be the answer.......

However I do keep harking back to the Police reason why the machine is up in the air.....................catching joey !

If the observer cannot show aptitude to getting joey in the cells while on the 3 week initial course, is it right to keep training them ?

Waldo